We are looking for several for reliable helpers to service our customers in the St.Catharines region. The Helper (Pitchman) is responsible to for assisting with garbage collection services in order to ensure that garbage is collected, transported and disposed of in an appropriate manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the operation of the garbage truck and assigned daily route in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury or property damage;
- Emptying recycling and garbage bins into the garbage truck
- Dismount garbage trucks to collect garbage and remount trucks to ride to the next collection point;
- Tag garbage or recycling containers to inform customers of problems such as excess garbage or inclusion of items that are not permitted;
- Sort items set out for recycling and throw materials into designated truck compartments.
- Monday to Friday (Tuesday to Friday when holidays occur) This is a Five day (5) day work week – possible 12 hour shifts
- Outdoor environment (Rain or Shine)
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Excellent time management coordination skills;
- Must have experience as a labourer, using proper lifting techniques at all times;
- Must be willing to work in various and changing weather conditions;
- Excellent customer service skills and focus;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to take direction;
- Demonstrate good temperament, politely interacting with customers, supervisors, and co-workers at all times;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
The Helper has a physically strenuous and demanding job. He/she will be lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects. The Helper will have to work in all weather, and must be prepared for both extreme heat and cold. As the Helper is handling potentially dangerous materials he/she must ensure that all activities are completed in a safe and efficient way to eliminate the possibility of contamination and infection. People with experience as dishwashers, landscapers, or experience with construction cleanup are Ideal candidates for the position.
- Workers earn $15.50 per hour
- Long hours – early mornings
- Potential for overtime
- Work on some holidays
- Some weekend work required
Get more information
Call our office with any questions (905-397-8890) or drop in during registration hours (Mon-Fri between 9am-3pm) to apply for this position.
112 Queenston St, Unit G3, St. Catharines